I made some asparagus tarts for lunch today, wanted to try making this after I saw it in a bakery the other day. With Halloween round the corner, I decorated these tarts as a cutie version of Frankenstein.
Here is the recipe for asparagus tarts, adapted from Martha Stewart.
- Sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 300g asparagus (I used the thin variety)
- 300g thinly sliced Emmentaler
- olive oil, salt and pepper for seasoning
- Cut the sheet of thawed puff pastry into 4. Use a knife to score the edges of the pastry, and poke holes in the middle using a fork.
- Bake at 200 Celsius for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Place the sliced cheese in the middle of the pastry, and top with asparagus.
- Brush the asparagus with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake again for 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, and decorate with cheese and nori to create Frankenstein’s features.