I had originally wanted to bake some chocolate chip cookies, but came across this recipe instead while looking for recipes, and modified this to become chocolate cookies with cream cheese thumbprints.
Here are my Baymax cream cheese thumbprint cookies, not the prettiest but so very yummy:
Here is the recipe which I modified to bake this batch of cookies:
Ingredients for cream cheese thumbprint chocolate cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 150 Celsius. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Mix in the flour and cocoa powder until soft dough forms.
- Scoop out the dough by heaping tablespoons and place on the prepared baking sheet. Use the back of a round teaspoon to make a small indentation in the cookie dough. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream cheese filling by mixing all the ingredients with a mixer until well combined. Place the filling in a piping bag.
- After the first 10 minutes of baking, use the back of a round teaspoon to deepen the indentation in the cookies. Pipe the filling into each indentation. Bake for an additional 12 minutes, until filling is set.
- Let cool completely before piping Baymax’s facial details on with melted chocolate.