I made some Pooh Tsum Tsum jelly yesterday to cool off, as it was so humid due to the haze here. The haze was bad enough that school was called off yesterday.
Pooh was made using canned peach slices, and encased in the jelly cubes.
I did not take step by step photos of this, but will try to explain it as best as I can.
- package of jelly (I used konnyaku jelly)
- one can of peach slices in syrup
- small piece of nori
- Prepare the jelly according to package instructions, and pour into a square mold til about half an inch in depth. Let the jelly set in the fridge.
- In the meantime, cut out the peach slices using round cookie cutters. Cut out Pooh’s features using nori.
I thought I would clarify why I chose to use nori rather than chocolate for Pooh’s features. I would have wanted to use chocolate, but hot jelly would have to be poured on top later to encase the peach slices, and I was pretty sure that would make the chocolate features melt and smudge. And this is just a small bit of nori used for Pooh’s features, I tried the jelly and it definitely does not affect the taste.
3. Once the jelly has set, arrange the peach slices on top to form Pooh bear.
4. Pour more jelly on top, until the peach slices have just been covered with jelly. Let it set for at least 2 hours in the fridge before cutting it.