I came across several frittata recipes over the weekend, and decided to try making my own.
Again, I followed the general guidelines on preparation, but threw in various ingredients which I already had in my fridge. I cut the frittata into several bear faces using the CuteZCute CuddlePalz cutter, and added some fruits as sides. This was a tasty and filling bento.
Frittata recipe (my own recipe, using ingredients I already had)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Approximately 1/4 cup of chopped spinach
- Approximately 1/4 sliced orange peppers
- 6 strips of bacon, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200 Celsius. In a skillet, stir fry the spinach and peppers using about 1 tablespoon of oil, until spinach is wilted and peppers are slightly softened. Add in the bacon.
2. Add in the remaining oil, to coat the skillet. Pour in the beaten eggs and cook on medium heat until the sides are cooked but the center is still runny.
3. Place the skillet into the oven and bake for about 12-14 minutes, or until the center is cooked and no longer runny.
4. Remove from oven, let it cool and cut into pieces before serving.