Made some yummy baked doughnuts for the kids breakfast and they loved it! I made 3 batches in my mini doughnuts pan and they ate up the first batch even before the 2nd batch came out of the oven.
I dressed up two of the doughnuts as teddy bears to put in this bento.
I used this baked doughnuts recipe from Baker Bettie.
Baked (not fried) doughnuts
- 5 TBSP unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 160 Celcius.
- Lightly oil mini doughnut pan and set aside
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar
- Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix until combined (mixture will look curdled)
- Mix in the baking powder, then the salt
- Mix in the flour just until combined
- Transfer mixture into a ziplock bag with the tip cut off. Pipe into the pan only filling ½ of the way fill.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.