I made these awesome chocolate marshmallow cookies over the weekend. So yummy! I had half a bag of marshmallows left and was trying to find a recipe to use it up when I saw the recipe at No Biggie and decided to try this.
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
-15 marshmallows (cut into thirds)
-2/3 Cup cocoa powder
-2 Cups flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 Cup butter
-1/2 Cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
-2 unbeaten eggs
-1 teaspoon vanilla
Note: The original recipe called for crisco but I replaced it with butter.
1. Cut marshmallows into thirds (I use scissors), and place in freezer while preparing the cookie dough.
2. Measure and Sift together with a whisk the: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the: sugar, brown sugar and butter.
4. Blend into the sugar bowl the 2 unbeaten eggs and vanilla. Beat together well.
5. Stir in the dry ingredients.
6. Roll the dough around each marshmallow third sealing it in a small ball.
7. Place on a cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
8. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 Celsius for 6 to 8 minutes, then set out to cool.
The original recipe had rolled these in sugar but I skipped that step. I baked for slightly longer (about 8 minutes) or until the tops of the cookies started to crack and the marshmallow peeked out. I love those cookies that looked like that! Be sure to take it out of the oven soon after this happens though, as the marshmallow browns quite fast.
And with cookies like these, I just had to make a Cookie Monster bento to go with it! I made a tiny chocolate cookie for Cookie Monster (no marshmallow filling in his cookie). Cookie Monster is a Nutella sandwich that I cut to fit the lunchbox, and the top layer is cheese sprayed lightly with Wilton food mist. Sides of two chocolate marshmallow cookies and some yoghurt.
I will be submitting this recipe to Genie of Honeybee916 for Aspiring Bakers #36.