I came across this recipe of pizza bites on Budget Savvy Diva and thought the kids might like this.
I made my own dough for the pizza using my bread machine on DOUGH mode, instead of pre-made pizza dough used in the recipe.
Pizza Dough Recipe
(from the cookbook that came with my Kenwood bread machine)
- 140ml water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 225g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp yeast
Combine ingredients in the bread machine and let it knead and proof the dough.
Thereafter punch down the dough and roll out on well floured surface.
Ingredients for filling
- Shredded pizza cheese
- Pepperoni slicces (around 15-20 slices)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Italian seasoning herbs
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees
- Cut rolled dough into 15 rectangles
- Place some cheese and pepperoni in the center of each portion of dough.
- Now fold the dough together wrapping around the filling to seal it.
- Place each portion onto baking tray lined with parchment paper – seam side down.
- In a small bowl mix oil and seasoning and brush onto each dough portion.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with pizza sauce
And the kids had some for dinner too, I packed it in half a tier of my new bento box from Bento and Co, it was a good size for sharing food. I added a mashed potato bear for them.
I will be submitting this post to Little Accidents In The Kitchen for Aspiring Bakers #35.